Skip to main content

last of november city stroll randomness


December in the coast means heat, a lot of heat but the humid doesn't have a thing on the festive season. There's a lot of rain as well,I mean the heat is just as severe as the rain-bipolar weather. Well,Happy new month everyone!The long awaited holiday season is finally here and I must say that I am really excited for Christmas,isn't everyone?
So I'm still hunting for a job but frankly, I haven't engaged fully in the hunt yet(will do so-pinky promise). I wanted to take a little break,a big break after school and just do nothing, and I mean nothing.
My life right now revolves between sleeping, babysitting my beautiful niece- Stacey, home chores and a lot of TV and internet. And by internet I mean being on my phone mostly between tumblr,instagram,weheartit,pinterest and youtube .
Last week I had to go run some errands in town and when I was done i just felt like going somewhere and cool off for a minute or two cos the heat in Dar is insane! For those of you who live in Dar or have been to here know the Askari monument. So there's this cafè that is on the same lane as the New Africa hotel, I decided to drop in and have a look around and probably an ice cold drink to cool me down.  The place is  called Mokka city cafè and lounge.I loved loved the guy who served me, he hosted me very well and there's something about a good customer service,we all love to be treated well especially if the service we want is traded in with our money.
I decided to seat in one of the booths at the far end corner of the restaurant and ordered for a lemon flavored iced tea. I asked for a samosa later on to go along with my cold drink. At some point I thought that they had forgotten about my samosa and too bad I did not take a photo of it. But this was one of the best samosa I had eaten in ages considering the fact that I do not really love samosas. The tea was also perfect and it totally quenched my thirst! By the way, I think I saw a tripadvisor sticker on the cafè's  door and thatcan only mean one thing,Mokka city is a good cafe.
I am not sure of how long this lounge has been there but I'd recommend it to anyone who been there yet.
I have been working on my vision board or rather inspirational board and a new post about  I'm super excited to share it with you soon.

Have a lovely week!xo
                                     




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Power!

Good morning loves! It is indeed a beautiful sunny day in Nairobi,and the public holiday tops it! No school today!!(doing the happy dance) Happy Madaraka day,X(. Madaraka 1st June commemorates day that Kenya attained internal self-rule in 1963 preceding full independence from the United Kingdom) Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!I had a chilled weekend,with a temporary depression!Suffered a major hair crisis on Saturday,left the saloon in a beanie!But I did  some "pimping"  yesterday and I have to say,I'm happy it was done wrong!lol So today I  going to talk about coffee! This is a drink made from the roasted and ground beanslike seeds of a tropical shrub,served hot or iced(borrowed from the internet) Coffee plant(photo courtesy of the internet) Cofee beans(photo courtesy of the internet) As I was growing up,my dad used to drink coffee on a daily basis,especially in the evening after a long day from work. So I and my siblings,especiall

Good Friday..

Hi loves! It has been quite long since I last posted,well,I have been really caught up with my end-of semester exams.I will be done next week though and there is a lot of good stuff in my editorial calender that I am going to be sharing with you!! It is a long Easter weekend ahead commenced with the good Friday,which according to most christian church rituals,we are not allowed to eat meat today,I have people I know from my school who did not eat meat over the entire period of lent! I borrowed this meaning of Good Friday from Google,the Friday before Easter Sunday, on which the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ is commemorated in the Christian Church. It is traditionally a day of fasting and penance. I think I am going to have the longest Easter weekend though since I have a cold:( and an exam right after Easter.Was stuck in my room all day till later in the evening when I decided to go out for a while.I ended up in a restaurant and I had a very hard time looking at the menu since I lo

Ellah enchanted

hey guys, I hope you've all kick started your  2016 with so much energy and positive vibes, you've got your new year resolutions jotted down etc etc. Well, I have to admit that I am a sucker for new year resolutions, and what can I say, i always have at least half of my list done towards the end of the year or even better, three quarters, and that's a good thing right? I mean a little  something is better than nothing. So I'm basically that ''new year new me'' type . The funny thing is that,I haven't written my new year goals yet, but I will do so before January ends. I think the reason behind all this ''lateness'' is due to the fact that I know exactly what I want this year, actually I have been planning since the previous year so jotting them down will not be that much of a task. Today, I just wanted to share a few photos of my beautiful niece, Michaella that I took with my iPhone 4S last year. I know it's about tim